Nigeria Airforce DSSC Recruitment 2021 Application & Guidelines – The Direct Short Service Course is also known as the DSSC is a category of commission in the Nigerian Air Force which is available to both civilians as well as serving military personnel of the country. This recruitment or course gives a pathway for the enlistment of degree holders who are experts in their chosen fields of study.
The DSSC is a nine (9) months training for the above-mentioned professionals in their fields to serve as officers in the non-combat part of the military, which involves the Army, Navy, and Air force.
The DSSC application is no cake’s walk that is why this article has been written in order to help applicants on their journey towards serving their country.
This article would give all the required details regarding the current recruitment and how to go about applying for it. If you think you have what it takes to be selected, then read till the end if you want to know the general requirements expected from the applicants by the commission, or the eligibilities for getting in.
Nigeria Airforce DSSC Recruitment 2021 Application & Guidelines
General Requirements and Eligibilities for Applicants (Entry Qualification)
There are certain expectations the commission has for its applicants. If said applicants do not possess all or most of these requirements, applying would simply be futile. The requirements are:
- To be a Nigerian as interpreted by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be male or a female between the ages of 22 to 35 years, for both civilians and serving personnel.
- Have a height of not less than 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must possess a minimum of First degree and not less than a Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or a Higher National Diploma from a recognized Polytechnic.
- Be physically, medically, and mentally fit.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Applicants must have completed the compulsory National Youths Service Corps scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Must have a valid birth certificate duly endorsed by the National Population Commission, Local Governments council of birth, Hospital, or valid age declaration.
- Recommended by at least two known referees who must be able to vouch for the applicant’s character and integrity. In the case of serving Military personnel, he or she must be recommended by their commanders.
- Possess a valid certificate signifying the appropriate state of origin.
NB: Online registration for DSSC kick starts on the 16th of July 2021, and ends on the 30th of August 2021. The Direct Short Service Course has an annual intake of one hundred (100) cadets per service, making a total of three hundred (300) cadets for a course. THE FORM IS FREE, so do not in any way pay anyone to obtain the form.
In a nutshell, the DSSC form for 2021 recruitments would be available here, and interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible, before the expected deadline. Candidates are also strongly advised to bookmark the page in order to get swift access to relevant* information.