As the name suggests, the Nigeria Young Farmers Network is an organization that seeks to connect Nigerian youth and connect the various opportunities available in agriculture.
It was established in 2014 to unite a wide range of people to share the common goal of achieving sustainable and inclusive economic growth in agriculture.
NYFN Program Benefits
Members of the Nigeria Young Farmers Network enjoy many benefits, including:
- Learning about modern agriculture and/or agribusiness through capacity development programs;
- Meeting and collaborating with local and international trainers, partners, investors, and other stakeholders;
- Gaining visibility and building goodwill, trust, and friendship.
In a nutshell, NYFN is like your favorite social media site, your favorite search engine, your favorite social justice organization, and your favorite mentor! As a member, you will be able to like, share and connect with other agriculture enthusiasts.
You will be able to search for agriculture-related information and also contribute knowledge in this sector. You will become part of the movement to create employment and fight poverty.
You will also gain access to training and investment opportunities, events, and best practices in the agriculture and agribusiness sector.
If you are a woman, you will be pleased to know that NYFN has an entire subsection dedicated to “promoting, strengthening, supporting, empowering girls and women in agriculture.” NYFN Women was formed to “accelerate progress on meeting the needs of women in agriculture nationwide.”
Some of the challenges that NYFN women seek to address include issues of gender equality; greater participation of women in the agricultural sector; effective participation of women in agriculture-related leadership and decision-making and wealth-creating and the socio-economic development of women.
The objectives of NYFN Women include the mobilization of girls and women to get more involved and harness available opportunities:
- Strengthening the capacity of girls and women to demand gender equality, transparency, and accountability;
- Improving the skills of smallholder women farmers to engage police makers towards gender-sensitive policies and programs at all levels;
- Increasing public awareness of the gender lens in agricultural matters;
- Creation of business linkages and market access for women and providing access to global collaboration opportunities and partnerships.
In February 2021, the Honourable Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, endorsed NYFN, saying that the potential of NYFN in the agriculture sector was “enormous and needed to be optimally explored for its huge benefits including creating jobs and economic growth.”
Becoming a member of NYFN is easy.
As part of the registration process, you will be required to explain why you are interested in joining NYFN.
You can contact NYFN in several ways.
Their email is email@example.com and their Whatsapp number is +2347045554442. Their address is No. 15 Lungi Street, Wuse II, Abuja, FCT.
You can check out some of NYFN’s activities by exploring the hashtag #wearenyfn